According to Institute of Integrative Nutrition there are 5 health conditions that affect more women than men. They are:
2. Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
3. Urinary tract issues
4. Autoimmune disease
5. Breast and cervical cancer
Based on that I selected 8 tips to help you take care of yourself and prevent them becoming part of your life:
1. Know the time to rest. Respect your body and mind. When you need to rest, rest but don’t get confused with been lazy. 😉
2. Sleep well. Have a deep restful night. Find out what works best for you, 7, 8 9 hours per day? Respect your inner clock.
3. Have a safe place to express your emotions. Find a therapy or any activity where you can express your feelings and frustrations. Talk them out!
4. Eat read food. Prepare your own food. Reduce as much as you can, processed food. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Drink plenty of water. But it is important to find a filter you can trust. Tap water is not good for you, as well as bottled water.
6. Get moving. Find a physical exercise you enjoy doing, at least 3 times a week. Breath, move, have fun.
7. Vitamin D. 20 minutes of sun exposure (with no sunscreen) specially in the morning, helps your body to processes vitamin D. If it is not possible for you to do that, plan to take supplementation.
8. Do you regular tests every year. Follow your calendar. When it is time to take your blood work ot any other test, do it.