Updated: Nov 21, 2019
For over 8 years I have been performing this Ayurvedic medicine ritual. Every day, just after waking up, I take lemon with warm water.
Recently I discovered that my kind of body (my dosha in Ayurveda medicine) can add a spoonful of honey too.
This simple action generates many amazing results in the body that I love talking about this practice! :)
Just to give you an idea of the benefits, I listed here 15 of them:
1. Vitamin C.
The first thing we think, right? That is, the immune system will be so thankful!
2. Helps to maintain the pH of the body.
Acid? No, no! Lemon taken on empty stomach and not mixed with any other fruit, can even help maintain the pH of the body.
3. Powerful antibacterial.
4. Eliminates toxins of the body.
5. Aids digestion.
6. Great for reducing inflammation.
7. Helps relieve heartburn (mine disappeared!).
8. Amazing with the eyes' health.
9. Helps with wrinkles and acne.
10. Helps to lose a few pounds.
11. Increases energy and humor! :)
12. Refreshes the breath.
13. Helps with bloating.
14. Fights free radicals.
15. It has a diuretic function.
How to get all these benefits? Doing it every single day.
Always, always with empty stomach, ½ to 1 lemon with ½ cup of warm water.
Remember! Brush your teeth immediately and eat only 20 minutes later.
It is a miraculous! ;) In doubt, always consult a good nutritionist.