Low libido? Married, single, with or without kids, young and mature women, it does not matter. Nowadays more and more women are experiencing a decrease in their sexual drive.
Blame on depression and anxiety and the side effects from certain medications to treat both. But also, we are exposed to toxins in our environment (home products, cosmetics, plastic, and even some food) that interfere in our endocrine system which modulates our hormones, creating this low libido.
Knowing that, what about trying to go straight the root cause with some of these tips to implement on your daily routine:
1. Avoid drinking tap water or water treated with fluoride and chlorine. Get a good carbon filter instead. My favorite filter that I use at home is the Berkey filter.
You can find it here. Worth a lot the investment!
2. Eat more foods with zinc like spinach, flax, lima beans, peanut, and garlic.
3. Simply don’t eat soy or soy products (soy protein isolate and soy lecithin for example are hidden in different products)! Besides 96% of soy in the US is genetically modified, processed soy products mimic estrogen in the body and disrupt normal hormone function.
4. Stop using plastic containers or bottles! Plastic is endocrine-disrupting and bad for your health. Choose glass! Buy this cute glass water bottle. Get yours from Organifi here and by using my code RITAA you can get 15%off.
5. Be careful with chemicals in personal care products and cleaning products. Our skin absorbs everything we put on it going to your bloodstream and then to your cells. Read all the labels. Find clean brands (I love the Birch Box where I can try different beauty products every month that are clean and free of bad chemicals).
6. Eat more greens! Try to eat at least 3-6 cups of veggies every day.
7. Try maca. Get yours here. This Peruvian root is known to improve endurance and sexual drive.
And besides all that, listen to your body. Understand what it wants to tell you. Find out the best time of time you feel comfortable having sex. Sometimes you are a morning person or a night person. Also, it is always good to check your hormones with your practitioner.
A healthy diet is important to keep your hormones balanced and your libido high.
Pay attention to the water you drink.
Also, be aware of everything you put on your skin. Choose clean products.
Try Peruvian maca. A powerful natural aphrodisiac.
Check your hormones with your doctor and listen to your body, always!