Vegetables are extremely rich in nutrients and antioxidants and everyone should eat around 3-4 cups a day (preferable a variety of vegetables) to boost your health, fight diseases and even help you lose weight. But for some people include vegetables in their daily diet is difficult.
Here I got 10 tips to help you don’t get bothered thinking about how to eat more vegetables besides adding in your salad:
1. Add to your smoothies and bowls: You can blend spinach, kale to your smoothie and bowls and also, use frozen cauliflower instead of frozen bananas, for example. Here are some recipes.
2. Add to your omelets: Omelets are great source of protein and fat, and adding a vegetables like onion, spinach and tomatoes for example, make them even better.
3. As wrap: instead of bread or tortillas, you can use fresh lettuce and kale. Also, you can use mushrooms, like Portobella, to use as “bun”, filling with meat, cheese…mmmmm!
4. Soup: We cannot forget that we can make an enormous variety of soups using basically any kind of vegetables! Some recipes here!
6. Noodle them: Zucchini, sweet potatoes and carrots are my favorite ones to create delicious and beautiful noodles! Just have to have a specific tool to make the work easier. You can also use zucchini and eggplant as a lasagna noodles! Easy peasy.
7. Healthy chips: Instead of potatoes chips or any unhealthy chips, you make kale, carrots, zucchini, beets… chips in a couple of minutes just using a little bit of olive oil, Himalayan salt and in a high temperature in the oven. Yummy!
8. Stuffed peppers: So easy and delicious (recipe here), they are also low carb!
9. Kebab: Another great recipe (here) that you can add up to 3 vegetables for example (i.e.: zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion, peppers…) and it is also low carb.
10. Veggie burger: either you are vegetarian or not, veggies burgers are so delicious and healthy!