Have you heard about Dry Brushing?
The ancient technique of Japanese and Greek origin helps to "wake up" and detoxify the body and if done daily, brings incredible benefits to the body, such as:
- Helps to improve the immune system
- Removes dead skin
- Stimulates circulation
- Treats stains, scars and ingrown hairs
- Helps in the treatment of cellulite, stretch marks and smoothes the skin
- Tones muscles
- Detoxifies the lymphatic system
- Regulates the sebaceous and hormonal glands
- Helps to treat keratosis pilaris (those little bumps in the thighs and arms that appear because the excess of keratin in the body)
How can you dry brush?
1. Select a natural brush. It can not be so soft and preferably long so you can reach your back, but if you don’t find a long one, it’s fine! And remember, it is your brush, do not share! My recommendation is the one from Minamul Skincare. You can buy yours here.
2. Make it daily and with the body dry (before the bath is ideal) and a maximum of 10 minutes.
3. Brush the skin towards the heart in long movements (NEVER in the opposite direction to heart!), and do not focus on just one area.
4. Do not use force and do not irritate the skin! Go gentle!
5. Start with the feet, then the legs, going towards the chest and arms. The belly and butt, you can rotate in a counterclockwise direction.
6. After using your brush, tap it in the sink to remove dead skin and spray with alcohol. Once a week, wash your brush with soap and water and let dry in the sun.
Learn more on this video on my YouTube channel: