Every time I talk about these kind of tips (how to lose fat, weight…) I am always careful to explain that most of times losing weight is not something related only to diet x physical activity, but to understand your health history, your emotional history and of course, your hormones issues.
But who doesn’t like to get a few tips that you can add into your routine and besides losing some extra pounds, can make you healthier in a natural way, right?
So, here they are:
1. Eat real food: Eliminate fast food and as much as you can processed food and with them all the bad saturated fats, grease, and unwanted triglycerides that will add more visceral fat in your body.
2. Eat good fat: When we think about fat we usually get so scared thinking “FAT” is bad for you. Saturated fats from fast food and processed food (canola, soy, corn and sunflower oil…) are the bad ones, but polyunsaturated fats is quite opposite. When thinking about the good fats, keep in mind the coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts (hello to almonds!!), eggs, butter, Ghee butter, certain types of fish. They benefit you from their anti-inflammatory potential and help to reduce your visceral fat levels.
3. Don’t forget the fiber: As much as we need good fat to help burning visceral fat, foods with high concentrations of dietary fiber can also help to reduce inflammation in your body. Besides that, fiber can regulate your digestive system (another way to reduce belly fat), balance cholesterol levels and improve your metabolism.
4. Say no to starch: When you eat a lot of starch (potato, tapioca starch…) you are eating something that will fast be converted to visceral fat. Reduce as much as you can or simply cut them out.
5. Your sleep: Yes, sleeping more than 6 hours per day can help you reduce your visceral fat. Have a sleep schedule that is regular throughout the week.
6. Vary your workouts: One of the best ways to burn belly fat is to combine workout styles. This happens because alternating different physical activities help keeping your metabolism alert and operating at a high level, and the best part, you will burn fat even when you’re not working out. Cardio, weight lifting, yoga, HIIT…Mix them all!
7. Manage your stress: Accumulated stress = accumulated belly fat! Control your stress by meditating, doing yoga, therapy, walking barefoot, being in nature, joying a community, finding a hobby, being grateful…
8. Apple cider vinegar: I know, I know, it really doesn’t sound tasteful, but ACV can really hel you burn belly fat. The suggestion is to have ½ cup water with a 1 tablespoon ACV every night before bed or in the morning in fasting.